Our friend Big Tex is all hat and no cattle. Literally: This cowboy doesn't have a herd to go home to. But cut him some slack; there's a lot going on in that big guy. He speaks! He moves! And he's worth a pretty penny.
Fake Big Tex talks on The Ticket
Big Tex says the darndest things.
He chatted with the Musers on SportsRadio 1310 The Ticket. Fake Big Tex has a belly-button ring and was in a long-term relationship with the Statue of Liberty.
He stands there, with his "big, stupid hat on" and says "howdy, folks!" to the passersby. But when he's not at work, here's what Big Tex might really say about his job:
Graphics by Michael Hogue
State Fair of Texas enthusiasts, check out other stories about our great fair:
- How to get savings on State Fair admission
- Where to find cheap water, beer and food
- Taste-test: This year's winning foods were a letdown
- 10 best musical acts at this year's fair
- Weird things to do at the fair
- More on that Taylor Swift exhibit
- Pro tips from a State Fair expert
- How to handle the fair with small children