Not ready to give up on your summer festival dreams but can't get out of town?
With more than 40 bands from this year's Austin City Limits Festival stopping in Dallas-Fort Worth, you can enjoy a customized ACL experience without leaving your backyard. If you're not sure where to start, here are a few of our best bets to guarantee a good show:
Flume - Oct. 1 at South Side Ballroom
Forget waiting for the bass to drop. Flume, the alias for DJ and producer Harley Edward Streten, builds fixating beats and atmospheric combinations -- a nice change of pace from the usual dramatic cuts and breaks of traditional EDM. These intricately colorful tracks can only be made better in a live setting.
M83 - Oct. 6 at House of Blues
Anthony Gonzalez, the mastermind behind M83, has found a way to combine the muscle of an electric guitar and flair of a synthesizer into a psychedelic jam session perfect for today's indie rock scene. Their infamous light show is just an added bonus.
Young the Giant and Ra Ra Riot - Oct. 8 at South Side Ballroom
You can't go wrong with either of these alt-rock groups. Both bands are touring in support of their 2016 releases -- two records that showcase their refreshing versatility and lyrical confidence.
Now, if you're the type of music fan who wants to know about all your options before you commit to the ACL-in-DFW show(s) you want to spend your money on, this next list is for you.
Here are all the bands landing in North Texas before and after ACL:
- The Quaker City Night Hawks - Reimagine Crowdus
- Pete Yorn - Oaktopia Festival
- Amasha Hines - Oaktopia Festival
- AWOLNATION - Gexa Energy Pavilion
- Catfish and the Bottlemen - House of Blues
- Gallant - Trees
- Band of Horses - House of Blues
- Porter Robinson and Madeon - South Side Ballroom
- Asleep at the Wheel - Greenville Municipal Auditorium
- Anderson East - Club Dada
- Conor Oberst and Pearl Charles - Granada Theater
- The Struts - Trees
- Young the Giant and Ra Ra Riot - South Side Ballroom
- Cold War Kids and Strumbellas - House of Blues
- Lincoln Durham - Dan's Silverleaf
- Maren Morris - American Airlines Center
- Max Jury - The Kessler Theater
- Prinze George - The Prophet Bar
- Melanie Martinez - South Side Ballroom
- Julien Baker - Gas Monkey Bar & Grill