Post Oak Smokehouse in Irving is closed, for now, after a fire. No injuries were reported.
A sign on the door says "closed until further notice."
According to an Irving fire report, Post Oak Smokehouse had a grease fire inside one of its smokers on the evening of Jan. 24.
Fires can be a concern for restaurants with smokers. Smokey John's Bar-B-Que in Dallas, for instance, just reopened this week after it was closed for over a year from a grease fire. Its owners ended up gutting the restaurant. Also this week, Baker's Ribs in Grapevine closed after a fire. The venerable Franklin Barbecue in Austin was the victim of a fire in 2017, too.
The owners of Post Oak Smokehouse have not responded to requests for comment, and it's unclear how long the restaurant will be closed.
The fire at Post Oak was extinguished when the sprinkler system went off, according to reports from city health inspector. The restaurant's food permit has been temporarily suspended during the cleanup. Once the restaurant completes a list of tasks after the fire, Post Oak will be re-inspected, and it is expected that the restaurant "will be able to resume business," according to the health inspector's notes.
Post Oak Smokehouse is located at 411 E. Royal Lane, Irving.