In November, life is about potlucks and recipes and Thanksgiving plans. Dinner for tonight? Not even on my radar.
Chick-fil-A is here for you. Now through Nov. 20, it's giving away free Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwiches via DoorDash delivery.
Here's how it works:
- Get the DoorDash app.
- Search for Chick-fil-A. There needs to be a Chick-fil-A within 10 minutes' drive of where you want the delivery to land.
- Pick at least $5 worth of food items. (The reason: You're required to spend $5 minimum to get a free chicken sandwich.)
- In the DoorDash cart, hit the Promo button. Either write in CFADELIVERY or tap on the "Free Sandwich" option, if it's there.
- Pay. You'll be required to pay tax as well as a $5.99 delivery fee.
- Meet your DoorDash guy or gal and enjoy your free (and not free) Chick-fil-A.
The deal is good at more than 1,100 Chick-fil-A restaurants, and a rep confirms that all Dallas-area restaurants within a 10-minute drive fall in that list.
It's a one-per-customer offer now through Nov. 20, so once you use it, you lose it. Deliveries will become available starting at 10:30 a.m. each day. Note that the freebie is for a straight-up chicken sandwich. Don't get fancy with it; a Deluxe Sandwich, for instance, will not ring up as free.
The reason Chick-fil-A and DoorDash are offering free sandwiches is to advertise the fact that Chick-fil-A is now available via delivery. Yes: You don't have to wait in the 30-minute drive-thru line, behind all those moms with piles of kids in their cars, to get a sweet, sweet bite of breaded chicken on a bun.
Chick-fil-A reports that they've been testing DoorDash delivery since 2017. So far, they've found that 90 percent of orderers tack on a side of waffle fries — good call. And peak delivery time is in the evenings and on days with bad weather.