There's a reason Texans care about singer Miranda Lambert; she is one of us, after all. But according to a new report, the country star's split with Blake Shelton was one of the Lone Star State's biggest hot button issues of the year.
Real estate website Estately recently analyzed hundreds of Google search terms using Google Trends to find out which events, celebrities, and topics resonated with each state. In addition to Miranda Lambert divorce, things Texas Googled more than any other state include football player Greg Hardy, Planned Parenthood video and clock boy, a.k.a. Irving teen Ahmed Mohamed who was arrested after bringing a homemade clock to school. (#IStandWithAhmed was also one of Twitter's most popular hashtags of 2015. The Dallas Morning News broke that story.)
See the full list below.
Texas' most Googled topics of 2015
- Miranda Lambert divorce
- Greg Hardy (football player)
- Clock boy (14-year-old Texas student Ahmed Mohamed who was arrested after bringing a homemade clock to school)
- Planned Parenthood video
- Bandidos Motorcycle Club (motorcycle gang that engaged in a massive shootout with the Cossacks motorcycle gang at a Twins Peaks in Waco, Texas)
- James Harden (basketball player)
- Jade Helm (remember when Gov. Greg Abbott thought the president was staging an invasion of Texas?)
- Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán (Mexican drug lord)
- Lion hunting
- Hurricane Patricia
See what other states spent the year Googling on Estately's website.
h/t Death and Taxes