The State Fair of Texas' party planners booked a mix of country, rock, rap, disco, Christian rock and even musical comedy for the 2016 State Fair of Texas. Notable headliners at this year's event include East Texas country singer Kacey Musgraves and St. Louis rapper Nelly.
Musgraves kicks off Day One of the State Fair of Texas. She last performed at the fair in 2013 and has seen some big success since then, opening for Katy Perry, headlining her own tour and releasing 2015 album Pageant Material.
Another notable show on the State Fair's 2016 lineup is from singer-songwriter Ben Rector, whose song "Brand New" has gotten some radio play recently. The Sunday, Oct. 2 show featuring Selena's brother A.B. Quintanilla is also bound to be popular.
Anyone with an admission ticket into the State Fair of Texas can listen to concerts on the Chevy Main Stage for free.
Here's the so-far-announced lineup for the State Fair of Texas concerts:
- Friday, Sept. 30: Kacey Musgraves (country)
- Saturday, Oct. 1: TBA
- Sunday, Oct. 2: Chris Perez Project (Tejano) and A.B. Quintanilla y los Kumbia Kings AllStarz (Tejano)
- Friday, Oct. 7: Prophets and Outlaws (Southern rock)
- Saturday, Oct. 8: Cody Johnson (Texas country)
- Sunday, Oct. 9: Bobby Bones and the Raging Idiots Concert Spectacular (musical comedy)
- Monday, Oct. 10: Ben Rector (pop)
- Friday, Oct. 14: The Peterson Brothers (blues)
- Saturday, Oct. 15: Nelly (rap)
- Sunday, Oct. 16: Le Freak (disco)
- Friday, Oct. 21: The Quebe Sisters (Americana)
- Saturday, Oct. 22: Colton Dixon (Christian rock) and Skillet (Christian rock)
- Sunday, Oct. 23: La Energia Norteña (norteño)
The State Fair of Texas runs Sept. 30 through Oct. 23 in Fair Park, a neighborhood of Dallas. GuideLive.com will continue to post about upcoming events, ticket deals and news.