Ben Higgins' season of The Bachelor is nearing its end. Eight weeks after meeting 20-plus gorgeous women, he's narrowed his choices for a wife down to four prospects and Monday is going to their hometowns to meet their families.
If you've been following along (or just reading GuideLive's sardonic recaps), you know Dallas has a contender in the mix: Miss JoJo Fletcher. That means tonight the cameras will spotlight our glorious city.
It looks like Big D in this episode's case stands for big drama. Previews show Fletcher's brothers giving the bachelor hell for "brainwashing" the women on the show. What's more, Fletcher reportedly receives flowers from ex-boyfriend Chad Rookstool.
Ding, ding! Who's ready to watch Higgins get in the ring?
According to her social media accounts, Fletcher grew up in Argyle but currently resides in Dallas, so we're not sure if she and Higgins will hit the suburbs or the big city. (For what it's worth, Reality Steve, who makes a living spoiling the show, says it takes place in Dallas.) Either way, that means plenty of skyline and landmark cameos, as well as some Texas-style fun.
So grab your glass of wine, bring the bottle for back up, and play along with our Dallas-inspired Bachelor drinking game.
Raise a glass: The Bachelor hits Big D
Take a sip every time someone says "y'all."
If the camera cuts to a live longhorn, yell "yeehaw!" and clink glasses with your watching buddies before taking one drink.
In fact, follow the above rule when any cowboy cliches arise. YEEHAW!
Whenever you see the fiberglass "B" and "G" setup, take one BIG Damn gulp.
- The first time you see Reunion Tower, the person furthest to the left on the couch takes one drink. Then rotate the honors counter-clockwise for every other sighting.
- If the camera pans the skyline and the green building -- a.k.a. the Bank of America Plaza tower -- is not green, finish your drink. This city is hardly recognizable.
- Take two drinks when you see the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge; one in honor of that bridge and another in honor of its soon-to-come companion, the Margaret McDermott Bridge.
- Whenever you see the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, remember to eat a snack. You're too smart to drink on an empty stomach.
- See the longhorns at Pioneer Plaza? Yell "yeehaw!" and clink glasses with your watching buddies before taking one drink.
For every landmark that's not actually in Dallas -- say, AT&T Stadium -- pour one out for the sad saps who don't know their North Texas geography.