They say everyone looks good in black and white, and pop singer Selena Gomez is no exception.
The D-FW-raised diva debuted a new, monochromatic video for single "Kill Em With Kindness" Monday that sees Gomez sporting a variety of slinky silk outfits. There's one difference in this video, however, when compared to, say, "Good For You" or "Hands to Myself" -- Gomez looks exceptionally somber, like on the verge of tears until some badass dancers pop into the frame and show off their sweet moves.
The track's lyrics may indicate why. Here's how the opening verse reads:
"The world can be a nasty place / You know it, I know it, yeah / We don't have to fall from grace / Put down the weapons you fight with."
Gomez teased the video on social media Sunday, though fans didn't seem to lose their shit as much as they did in anticipation of "Hands to Myself." We'll consider that a win for society.
More Selena news:
- See what Selena Gomez eats at Texas' favorite burger joint, Whataburger
- Selena Gomez made Texas proud by escaping from a French elevator
- Selena Gomez gets handsy during debut 'Saturday Night Live' performance
- Selena Gomez confirms lupus diagnosis, chemotherapy treatment
- Guess where in North Texas Selena Gomez gets her Tex-Mex fix
- What's Selena's secret? Reigning 'Queen of Instagram' Gomez eclipses Taylor Swift, Kardashians and Beyonce