Free: That's the deal at the State Fair of Texas' concerts. You'll have to pay to get into the fair, but once inside, music is all a part of the experience.
When the annual fair opens in Dallas on Sept. 25, the first-night act will be Craig Wayne Boyd, a Dallas-turned-Nashville country singer who won TV show The Voice in late 2014. On other nights, the fair will play host to the Beach Boys, pop guy Francesco Yates, Tejano singers Jay Perez and Emilio, and more.
Here are the so-far-announced State Fair performers taking the Chevrolet Main Stage:
- Sept. 25 at 8:30 p.m.: The Voice Season 7 winner Craig Wayne Boyd
- Sept. 27 at 5:30 p.m.: Latin group Pesado
- Oct. 2 at 8:30 p.m.: Country Showdown, a showcase where amateur country singers can compete to launch their professional careers
- Oct. 3 at 8:30 p.m.: Gospel-rap group Lecrae
- Oct. 4: A doubleheader: Country singers Cam at 3 p.m. and Kelsea Ballerini at 5:30 p.m.
- Oct. 9 at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m.: Blues-country band Prophets and Outlaws
- Oct. 10 at 8:30 p.m.: Texas country singer Kevin Fowler
- Oct. 11 at 5:30 p.m.: Surf-pop band the Beach Boys (minus Brian Wilson)
- Oct. 12 -- a Monday -- at 5:30 p.m.: Pop singer Francesco Yates
- Oct. 16 at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m.: ZZ Top tribute band Trio Grande
- Oct. 17 at 8:30 p.m.: Christian group MercyMe
- Oct. 18: A doubleheader: Tejano singers Jay Perez at 1 p.m. and Emilio at 3 p.m.
Here's video of up-and-coming teen pop singer Yates, who's making a Monday night appearance at the State Fair of Texas on Oct. 12.