Turtle Creek Park

Oak Lawn Park in Dallas' Turtle Creek neighborhood

David Woo/The Dallas Morning News

Turtle Creek Park in Oak Lawn

3400 Turtle Creek Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75219

All the Details

The park, flanked by Hall Street, Turtle Creek Boulevard and Lemmon Avenue, features a meandering spring-fed creek that feeds into a pond. According to the Turtle Creek Conservancy, the park was founded in 1909 as Oak Lawn Park. The name was changed to Robert E. Lee Park in 1936 when a six-ton bronze statue of Robert E. Lee was installed. In the center of the park is Arlington Hall, a Lee's plantation house in Virginia.

The statue stood and the park name remained until 2017 when the Dallas City Council decided to remove the statue and revert the name of the park back to Oak Lawn Park. The name was changed again in 2019 to Turtle Creek Park. The city bought the land in 1908 and the park was named Lee Park from 1936 until 2017. In the center of the park is Arlington Hall, a replica of Robert E. Lee's plantation house in Virginia. A statue of Lee stood in the park until 2017 when the Dallas City Council decided to remove the statue and revert the name of the park back to Oak Lawn Park. In 2019, the Dallas Park Board voted to revert to the park's original name, Turtle Creek Park. From staff reports

Goes Well With...

#Things To Do