Moody Coliseum

Moody Coliseum in North Dallas

6024 Airline Road
Dallas, TX 75275

on the SMU campus, just north of Mockingbird, east of Hillcrest

All the Details

Moody Coliseum has been the home of SMU basketball since December 3, 1956, when the building opened and was known simply as the SMU Coliseum. In 1965, the arena was renamed Moody Coliseum in honor of W.L. Moody, Jr. The Coliseum has undergone several changes in the past few years to modernize the facility. In 1980-81, the newly remodeled E.O. (Doc) Hayes Memorial Dressing Room was opened. In 1984, a new scoreboard was installed over the center circle and new chairback seats were built at floor level on the north side. In 1985, more chairback seats were added, this time in the west end. The original wood floor of Moody Coliseum was replaced with a new wood surface and new lighting was installed in August of 1986. In 1996, the court was redesigned to mark SMU's entry into one of the premier basketball leagues in America, the Western Athletic Conference. Recent off-season improvements to the men's basketball locker room and players' lounge help make Moody Coliseum one of the most attractive arenas in the nation. Moody Coliseum was the site of the Southwest Conference Post-Season Classic in 1976 and hosted NCAA Regional tournament games, the World Championship of Tennis Finals, the Virginia Slims of Dallas tennis championship, the Rolex National Indoor Intercollegiate Tennis Championships, the McDonald's High School All-American All-Star Game and the NABC College Basketball All-Star Game during the 1986 Final Four held in Dallas. The Coliseum is used for a myriad of events, including cheerleader, drill team, and basketball camps throughout the summer. Several concerts and other sporting events have been held at Moody Coliseum in recent years. Information from the venue's site

Goes Well With...

#Things To Do