Historic MKT Depot and Rose Garden

Historic MKT Depot and Rose Garden

225 Pecan Street
Lancaster, TX 75146

All the Details

Lancaster's train depot was opened in December 1888 as a stop on the Dallas and Waco Railroad. In 1891, this railroad became part of the Missouri, Kansas and Texas (MKT) line, running from Dallas to the Gulf Coast of Texas. The Depot's original location on East Main Street was slightly north of its current location at Centre and Pecan. The Rose Garden adjacent to the Depot was dedicated in loving memory of J. Cecil Edwards, former mayor of Lancaster, by his wife Geneva Edwards Anderson and daughter, Betty Edwards Woodward. Information from the Lancaster Historical Society website

Goes Well With...

#Things To Do