Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

2001 West Seminary Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76115

All the Details

Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary was originally part of the theological department at Baylor University in Waco. In 1905, the department became Baylor Theological Seminary with five professors on the teaching staff. Two years later, the Baptist General Convention of Texas authorized the separation of the seminary from Baylor. The seminary was given a new name, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and a separate board of trustees. The school remained in Waco until the summer of 1910, when it moved to Fort Worth. In 1925, control of the seminary passed from the Texas convention to the Southern Baptist Convention. Information from the seminary site

Goes Well With...

#Things To Do