So you're looking for something to do this weekend, Dec. 18, 19 and 20. I hear you. Here are a few of our favorite events, as first aired on our partner TV station, NBCDFW:
Your force is strong. Of course, all you can think about is the new Star Wars movie. A few tips from us:
- Check out our movie critic's review, which does not contain any spoilers. He gave it a B+, pretty high praise.
- Leave your masks and weapons at home this weekend. Movie theaters are fine with you dressing up, however.
- Want to party with other Star Wars fans? Check out a list of cute themed cocktails as well as a roundup of the best costume contests and watch parties around town.
You're actually going to the mall this weekend. You are brave! While you're out fighting crowds, stop into NorthPark Center and you'll also find a bake sale. It benefits the North Texas Food Bank, which means you definitely need those brownies.
You'd rather not shop. But you need ways to entertain your kids. We've got three:
- Go ice skating at Dallas City Hall. It's free.
- Watch a parachuting Santa fly in the sky in Frisco Square.
- Go Christmas light-looking. Here are the best neighborhoods.
Tune into NBCDFW on Thursdays or Saturdays and you'll find regular Dallas Morning News segments where we pick the most exciting weekend events. There is a lot to do in D-FW; here's where you can find all our recommended events this weekend.
Follow Sarah Blaskovich on Twitter at @sblaskovich.