Walk into any brewery or beer festival and you'll notice the craft beer crowd isn't the fanciest bunch. Between beer brewing, facility cleaning, and general spilling of delicious liquid, can you blame them? There is one NTX Beer Week party, however, that's offers exception to this rule.
The Brewer's Ball is a hybrid black tie dinner and beer tasting that brings together movers and shakers from America's craft industry for an intimate evening of beers and bites. The event debuted last year and, believe me, you've never seen the heavily bearded beer community clean up like this -- consider it the fanciest brew fest you've ever been to.
This year's soiree takes place Nov. 13 at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel and includes eats from Dallas restaurants, music courtesy of the Dallas Opera, and beverage samples from 39 breweries, all of which will have a brewery owner, founder or other big wig onsite to chat with. Today, we are pleased to announce said big wigs and specialty beers to be served. (Last year's lineup included a $200 bottle of beer from Sam Adams.)
The Brewer's Ball only offers 500 tickets at $125 each, which is all-inclusive. While there's no official dress code, you'll want to dress the part. C'mon it's fun to get fancy!
Brewer's Ball participants
Abita Brewing Co.
- Featuring Jamie Jurado, director of operations
- Serving: Chocolate Weisse (Dunkelweizen) and Christmas Ale (amber)
Audacity Brew House
- Featuring Scott Lindsey, founder, and Doug Smith, founder/brewmaster
- Serving: Lil D Series #3: Chocolate Weisse (Dunkelweizen) and Sunset (Vienna lager)
Avery Brewing Co.
- Featuring Adam Avery, founder
- Serving: Raja (imperial IPA) and Tectum et Elix (wild ale)
Ballast Point Brewing Co.
- Featuring Yuseff Cherney, head brewer
- Serving: Barrel-aged Victory at Sea (barrel-aged imperial porter) and Blackberry Sour Wench (Berliner Weisse)
Bishop Cider Co.
- Featuring Joel Malone, founder
- Serving: Crackberry (cider) and High & Dry (cider)
Boulevard Brewing Co.
- Featuring Steven Pauwels, brewmaster
- Serving: Saison Brett (saison) and Bourbon Barrel Quad (barrel-aged Quadrupel)
- Featuring Andrew Huerter, brewmaster, Jeff Fryman, founder, and Sam Wynne, founder
- Serving: 10th Anniversary Brett IPA (imperial IPA) and Braindead Red (amber)
Community Beer Co.
- Featuring Jamie Fulton, brewmaster
- Serving: Oaked Mosaic (IPA) and Ascension Coffee Porter (porter)
Deep Ellum Brewing Co.
- Featuring Jeremy Hunt, head brewer
- Serving: Hop Seeker (IPA) and Bourbon Barrel Coffee Ale (barrel-aged brown)
- Featuring Tim Alexander, assistant brewmaster
- Serving: The Dissident (oud bruin) and Black Butte XXIV (barrel-aged imperial porter)
Epic Brewing Co.
- Featuring David Cole, co-founder
- Serving: Big Bad Baptist (barrel-aged imperial stout) and Brainless on Peaches (Belgian strong ale)
Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
- Featuring David Walker, co-founder, and Matt Brynildson, brewmaster
- Serving: XVIII (barrel-aged blend of awesome) and Velvet Merlin (stout)
FireWheel Brewing Co.
- Featuring Brad Perkinson, founder
- Serving: A-Sake-Son (blonde) and Whiskey BA Midnight Ninja (barrel-aged imperial stout)
Franconia Brewing Co.
- Featuring Dennis Wehrmann, founder
- Serving: Falling Bock (bock) and Bordeaux BA Tripel Dunkel (barrel-aged Dunkelweizen)
- Featuring Brad Lincoln, founder
- Serving: Raspberry Provincial (wild ale) and Quad (Quadrupel)
Goose Island Beer Co.
- Featuring Brett Porter, brewmaster
- Serving: Vanilla Rye Bourbon County (barrel-aged imperial stout) and 2013 Bourbon County Barleywine (barrel-aged barleywine)
- Featuring Ken Herman, senior brewer
- Serving: Take 5 (session IPA) and UFO Gingerland (spiced ale)
Independence Brewing Co.
- Featuring Rob and Amy Cartwright, co-founders
- Serving: Stash IPA (IPA) and Bourbon Barrel Convict Hill (barrel-aged imperial stout)
Karbach Brewing Co.
- Eric Warner, co-founder and brewmaster
- Serving: Mother-in-Lager (lager) and Trigave (barrel-aged Tripel)
Lakewood Brewing Co.
- Featuring Wim Bens, founder
- Serving: Wild Manimal (barrel-aged hoppy red farmhouse ale) and French Quarter Temptress (imperial stout)
Lazy Magnolia Brewing Co.
- Featuring Mark Henderson, co-founder
- Serving: 10 (American strong ale) and Southern Pecan (brown)
Left Hand Brewing Co.
- Featuring Jim Bruckner, master of quality
- Serving: Polestar Pilsner (pilsner) and Fade to Black (black rye ale)
Martin House Brewing Co.
- Featuring Cody Martin, co-founder/brewery engineer, and David Wedemeier, co-founder
- Serving: River Horse (barrel-aged saison) and Salty Lady (gose)
Maui Brewing Co.
- Featuring Garrett Marrero, founder
- Serving: Doppel Shot (Doppelbock) and Hop Kine (IPL)
New Belgium Brewing Co.
- Featuring Peter Boukaert, brewmaster
- Serving: La Folie (old bruin) and Oscar Worthy Coffee (sour)
New Holland Brewing Co.
- Featuring Brett Vanderkamp, owner
- Serving: Dragon's Milk (barrel-aged imperial stout) and Mad Hatter (IPA)
Ninkasi Brewing Co.
- Featuring Nikos Ridges, co-founder
- Serving: Noir (milk stout) and Ground Control (imperial stout)
Noble Rey Brewing Co.
- Featuring Chris Rigoulot, owner
- Serving: Steam Punk (California common) and Vertigo (imperial IPA)
Oak Highlands Brewery
- Featuring Brad Mall, co-founder, Derrin Willimas, co-founder, and John Sims, brewmaster
- Serving: Derelict IPA (IPA) and Chump Change (imperial black saison)
Oskar Blues Brewery
- Featuring Tim Matthews, brewmaster
- Serving: Dale's Pale Ale (American pale ale) and Bourbon Barrel Old Chuub (barrel-aged Scotch ale)
Panther Island Brewing Co.
- Featuring Ryan McWhorter, owner and head brewer
- Serving: Allergeez (wheat ale) and Sweet Fang (peanut butter stout)
Rahr and Sons Brewing Co.
- Erin and Fritz Rahr, owners, and Craig Mycoskie, director of operations
- Serving: Pride of Texas (pale ale) and Visionary Imperial Smoked Lager (smoked beer)
- Featuring Rhett Kiesler, owner, and Grant Wood, brewmaster
- Serving: Blood & Honey (wheat ale) and Ouroboros (barrel-aged American pale ale)
Saint Arnold Brewing Co.
- Featuring Colin Klingeman, lead brewer
- Serving: Boiler Room (Berliner Weisse) and Bourbon Barrel Pumpkinator (barrel-aged imperial pumpkin stout)
- Featuring Jim DeBoer, lead brewer
- Serving: Utopias (blend of barrel-aged awesomeness) and KMF (wild ale)
San Tan Brewing Co.
- Featuring Anthony Cannechia, founder/brewmaster
- Serving: Moon Juice (IPA) and Sex Panther (porter)
Smuttynose Brewing Co.
- Featuring Pete Egelston, president
- Serving: Daily Brett (wild ale) and Smoked Peach Short Weisse (Berliner Weisse)
Southern Tier Brewing Co.
- Featuring Phineas DeMink, co-founder
- Serving: XNTX 2015 (pecan brown) and Tangier (session IPA)
- Featuring Keith Lewis, co-founder, and Tupper Patnode, co-founder/head brewer
- Serving: Tuppkin (pumpkin ale) and Cotton Mill Gold (gold pale ale)
Victory Brewing Co.
- Featuring Adam Bartles, director of operations
- Serving: Harvest Ale (IPA) and Golden Monkey (Tripel)
Restaurants serving Brewer's Ball
- Common Table
- Braindead Brewing
- Chimera Brewing Co.
- Easy Slider
- Intrinsic Smokehouse and Brewery
- Malai Kitchen
- Meddlesome Moth
- Rodeo Goat