The population in North Texas totals more than 7.1 million and spans more than two-dozen cities and towns. If anyone complains that there's nothing to do in Dallas-Fort Worth, they're not looking hard enough. There are a lot of restaurants, bars, movie theaters, museums and more in North Texas. (And you can find details on almost all of those at guidelive.com!)
We consulted Foursquare.com to collect reviewers' favorite places, from burger joints to thrift stores, from pizza places to dance clubs.
Note that the rankings aren't necessarily based on the 10 "best" places; they're the 10 most checked-in and reviewed places on Foursquare as of October 2016.
Need an idea of where to eat dinner? How to entertain your in-laws? Where to let your dog run? Consult these Top 10 of Everything lists:
(Dive into a deeper look at dive bars here.)
All illustrations by Michael Hogue. (They're cool, aren't they?)
For recommendations from our
Dallas Morning News writers,
check out these related stories:
- Leslie Brenner's 12 favorite (not best!) Dallas restaurants
- Best places to take out of towners
- 13 restaurants that won't break the bank
- Best in DFW: Japanese restaurants that really rock
- 10 best sports bars in Dallas
- What's wrong with the Dallas dining scene -- and can it be fixed?
- 10 fabulous Dallas salads
- The year's delicious debuts: Best in DFW New Restaurants of 2016