If you want to know the best restaurants in Dallas-Fort Worth right now, you could ask a friend. You could turn to Yelp. You could search for tasty ideas on GuideLive.com. You could even take advice from our critic Leslie Brenner.
(Those last two options? They're really great options. Just sayin'.)
You could also consult a list compiled by car service Uber. The company released a list of the 10 "most popular restaurants in Dallas" based on the highest number of total drop-offs.
Interestingly, the top eight restaurants on Uber's list are in Uptown. The last two are in the Henderson Avenue area.
The most popular restaurants in Dallas, according to Uber, are:
- The Rustic: a music venue and restaurant in Uptown that sells more alcohol than any other standalone bar in Dallas-Fort Worth
- The Standard Pour: an American restaurant in Uptown that describes itself as a "cocktail den and cravings kitchen"
- Social House: a gastropub in Uptown
- Mi Cocina: a Tex-Mex restaurant in Uptown with a long Dallas history
- Nick and Sam's: a steakhouse in Uptown where celebs are regularly spotted
- The Common Table: a craft beer bar and restaurant in Uptown
- Henry's Majestic: an Uptown restaurant selling "food that you'd want to eat when you're drinking"
- Saint Ann Restaurant and Bar: an elegant American restaurant in Uptown with a see-and-be-seen patio
- Victor Tangos: a stylish gastropub on Henderson Avenue
- The Skellig: a newish pub on Henderson Avenue from the man behind The Old Monk, Idle Rich and Blackfriar Pub
If you're a regular restaurantgoer in Dallas, you'll notice one thing right away: Uber's list is basically a list of the hottest restaurants in Dallas for people of a certain age -- millennials. That's no surprise, probably. Uber drivers can be seen all over the roads in Uptown on busy weekend nights. Given the neighborhood's propensity for indulging and imbibing, it makes sense.
Keep this in mind, too: Restaurants that tend to have difficult parking or non-optional valet have a higher likelihood of being on this list, as diners probably take Uber more often to those places.
Uber also ranked most popular brunch spots (which looks very similar to the most popular restaurants list, proving that brunch is the most important meal of the day in Dallas). You can also check out "where locals eat," which was calculated by repeat drop-offs.