There's a new restaurant franchise coming to Texas that isn't shy about it's signature.
Chicken Salad Chick, which opens in north Fort Worth June 21, specializes in all things -- you guessed it -- chicken salad. This is the company's first Texas outpost, but two more are expected to open in Cowtown in the next couple of years.
Couple John and Meggie Schissler helped the brand expand to the Lone Star State after becoming fans of the concept while residing in Auburn, Ala.
"Every time someone came to town, I would take them there," says Meggie.
In fact, she was more than an avid customer. After years of patronizing the establishment, she joined Chicken Salad Chick's marketing department and saw the company grow to more than 50 restaurants.
About the grub:
Chicken Salad Chick is a restaurant and deli that offers its signature item stand alone, between bread or to-go in bulk. Each of its 15 recipes begins as the Classic Carol, named for a relative of the company's founder. From there, employees mix in additional ingredients, such as fruits, vegetables and nuts. Salads are made fresh daily, according to Meggie.
Aside from the original, the restaurant's most popular recipes include the Fancy Nancy made with Fuji apples, pecans and grapes, and the Sassy Scotty featuring ranch, bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
To celebrate its opening, Chicken Salad Chick is hosting a variety of giveaways this week, as noted below. The business is located at 8825 Tehema Ridge Pkwy., Suite 329 in Fort Worth.
Opening week at Chicken Salad Chick:
- Tuesday, June 21: First 99 guests receive a free pound of chicken salad per month for an entire year
- Wednesday, June 22: First 100 guests receive a free branded selfie stick
- Thursday, June 23: First 100 guests to order a special plate receive a branded koozie
- Friday, June 24: Guests receive free coockie with purchase of trio plate
- Saturday, June 25: First 50 guests to purchase a pound of chicken salad receive a free cooler.