Nothin' says "I love you" like a pile of food shaped like a heart, am I right? Let's dig into the Dallas-area restaurants taking this heart-y holiday literally.
Big 'ol lasagna
We are not able to calculate the heartburn you might experience from Buca di Beppo's heart-shaped lasagna. We do know there's a whole love of love mixed in there. The Italian restaurant is serving a special V-Day menu of heart-shaped lasagna, salad, garlic bread and two cannolis.
We do not recommend trying this at home, but if you must: Buca has its lasagna recipe available online.
- Heart-shaped lasagna for two available at all Buca di Beppo locations, including in Frisco, Dallas and Southlake. Addresses here. $49.99 for two people. bucadibeppo.com.
Macarons for lovers
At Bisous Bisous Patisserie, a bakery in Uptown, nearly everything in the shop would make your sweetheart say "aww." But Bisous Bisous' heart-shaped macarons take the cake for the ultimate V-Day dessert. Buy an assortment of six macarons in six flavors for $15.
- 3700 McKinney Ave., Suite 150, Dallas. bisous-bisous.com. Order by Feb. 11.
Another bakery, Haute Sweets Patisserie, is selling heart-shaped macarons (pictured on the right) as well as "chocolate heart pods" filled with truffles and other chocolately treats. The macarons are served in these flavors: chocolate strawberry, lychee raspberry rose and red velvet.
- 10230 E. Northwest Highway, Dallas. hautesweetspatisserie.com.
Greenville Avenue Pizza Company, the Dallas company known for doing odd promotions around holidays, is selling heart-shaped pizzas with choose-your-own toppings. You can choose your relationship status, too. A regular pizza says "I heart pizza and you, sweetheart." A heart with black olives down the center says, "I hate Valentine's Day and I'm gonna eat this whole pizza so don't judge me because I love myself and my happiness is more important than some contrived romantic holiday." I dunno, yours might say something else.
- Feb. 14 and 15 at Greenville Avenue Pizza Company, 1923 Greenville Ave., Dallas. Pizzas come with two mini bottles of Champagne -- one for you, one for your sweetie; or two for you, you lucky single. $30 for pizza and Champagne, dine-in only. Heart pizzas, no Champagne, can be ordered for delivery. gapc.co.
Other pizza shops are selling heart-shaped pizzas, too. Papa John's has a deal for a one-topping thin-crust pizza and a brownie for $16.
Papa John's is opening its heart a little more by asking community members to write a Valentine's Day card for patients at Children's Health now through Feb. 12. Find all the sweet details here.
Take your sweetheart to El Fenix Feb. 12 through 14 and you'll score a free dessert. Start, perhaps, with the Lovers Special: fajitas for two for $19.97 if you bring this coupon. Anyone, not just those ordering the Lovers Special, get free heart-shaped sopapillas at the end.
- Free sopapillas available to dine-in customers who purchase an entree at any of the 22 El Fenixes in Dallas-Fort Worth and at WinStar World Casino. Find locations here.
Your options for heart-shaped doughnuts are surprisingly vast. Dunkin' Donuts does a selection of them every year, as do local spots Glazed Donut Works in Deep Ellum and Hypnotic Donuts in East Dallas.
At Hypnotic, you'll find red velvet cake doughnuts topped with cream cheese frosting and chocolate chips; heart-shaped Homers (that's a doughnut glazed with strawberry or chocolate), topped with Valentine's sprinkles; and Bleeding Hearts with raspberry filling and powdered sugar. Perhaps you should buy that last one for someone feeling some heartache?
- 9007 Garland Rd, Dallas. hypnoticdonuts.com. (Also a location in Denton: 235 W. Hickory St.)
Glazed has a whole slate of red and pink doughnuts, but just one comes heart-shaped: the El Corazon, which is a cinnamon-sugar doughnut filled with vanilla bean cream and drizzled with dulce de leche. Your heart will melt.
- 2644 Elm St., Dallas. glazeddonutworks.com.