We've been gladly spending time in the sun since Noah and his Ark paddled out of D-FW. Good thing: All that sun means you can brush up on your knowledge of the the best patio spots around town.
Yelp's got day-drinking in mind, too, and it just created a list of the "top-rated daytime hotspots" across the country. Truck Yard near Greenville Avenue in Dallas was the highest-ranking Texas spot on the list, at No. 19. That bar does a dern good job of encouraging daytime drinking, especially since they debuted that new, oversized brunch punch.
Here are all the Texas bars that made Yelp's 50-item list:
- Truck Yard in Dallas: No. 19
- Rodeo Goat in Fort Worth: No. 22. Note that we listed the patio at the newer Dallas Rodeo Goat as one of the best in D-FW.
- Banger's Sausage House & Beer Garden in Austin: No. 23
- Goodfriend Beer Garden & Burger House in East Dallas: No. 34
- Moon Tower Inn in Houston: No. 36
See the full list here.
The 50 restaurants and bars listed were chosen in part because of the high number of reviews mentioning keywords about it being a daytime hot spot, according to Yelp. Local Yelp reps also helped create the list.