Guy Fieri has been rockin' and rollin' through North Texas for years, showcasing local restaurants on his Food Network show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Now, he's got his own rockin' and rollin' restaurant in North Texas: a walk-up counter inside Gexa Energy Pavilion called Guy's Burger Joint.
The new stand debuted in early May during the Lady Antebellum and Hunter Hayes concert. Guy's Burger Joint will be open anytime Gexa hosts concerts.
Fieri is also launching Guy's Burger Joints at 11 other amphitheaters across the U.S., in conjunction with with Live Nation and Legends Hospitality.
Patrons walking up for a bite of Guy's food likely won't find Fieri in the kitchen. The food is as big as Fieri's personality, with an outrageous-sounding burger topped with a patty made of bacon and inventive French fries making the menu. Some of the items will be:
- The Real Cheezy Burger ($14): a beef patty with "super melty cheese" (which Fieri calls "S.M.C.") plus, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and Guy's Famous Donkey Sauce, on a garlic buttered roll
- The Righteous Ring ($14): a beef burger with S.M.C., Guy's spicy Sriracha BBQ sauce and an onion ring
- Makin' Bacon ($14): a beef burger with S.M.C. topped with a pork patty made out of crispy bacon. One more time: This is a burger patty topped with a bacon patty.
- Real Deal ($13): a simpler burger made with a beef patty topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and a slather of Guy's Famous Donkey Sauce
- Johnny Garlic Fries ($9): fries topped with minced garlic, chopped parsley and parmesan
- Buffalo Blue Sabi Fries ($9): fries with buffalo sauce and Guy's blue cheese and wasabi dipping sauce (which he calls "blue-sabi")
- Seasoned fries ($6): fries with Guy's "signature fry seasoning"
Guy's Burger Joint is using biodegradable plates, napkins, utensils and cups.
The music venue is also getting new Legends items at other concession stands inside Gexa. Some of those new items include a black bean veggie burger, veggie nachos and a buffalo chicken sandwich.
Hungry? Find a list of upcoming concerts at Gexa here.
Gexa is located at 1818 1st Ave., Dallas.
Some of the restaurants in D-FW Fieri has visited for Triple D are:
- Chef Point Cafe in Watauga
- Twisted Root Burger Co., with many locations around D-FW
- Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine in Arlington
- Prince Lebanese Grill in Arlington
- Pepe's and Mito's Mexican Cafe in Deep Ellum
- Maple and Motor in Dallas
- Chop House Burgers in Arlington
- Cane Rosso in Deep Ellum
- Pecan Lodge in Dallas
- Afrah in Richardson
- Taste of Europe in Arlington
Follow Sarah Blaskovich on Twitter at @sblaskovich.