Regardless of what the critics say, selfies are an art form like any other. When you go to visit one of GuideLive's recommended selfie scenes, be sure to take these five quick tips with you.
- If you have a double chin, take the picture from slightly above, and the extra chin will magically disappear.
- If you're at an art venue where you're allowed to take pictures, and there's a reflective surface on one of the artworks, shoot yourself in the artwork.
- On iPhones (and many others), tap the image of your face so the camera focuses there before you take the photo. It will mean less (or no) editing on your end.
- Watch your backgrounds. No garbage cans or stuff sticking out of your head, please, unless that's what you're going for.
- If you're not trying for a silhouette, go for lighting situations where you don't have an extremely bright background (mornings and evenings work well).
Now you're ready for greatness!