Big Tex's ego couldn't get any bigger.
We're kidding. Big Tex is getting a big spotlight — perhaps even bigger than his 24-day stint as the main man at the State Fair of Texas — when he will be featured on a Travel Channel show called Giant America at 8:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 15.
In Giant America, comedian Tom Green "explores massive structures," says a news release. Our 55-foot-tall cowboy wearing a 95-gallon hat surely qualifies.
According to the Travel Channel, Green "gets a behind-the-scenes look at the State Fair of Texas to see how Big Tex comes to life." While in Texas, he even tries to eat an 85-ounce steak at Relay Station Restaurant in Plantersville, which is about 40 miles southeast of College Station.
The half-hour TV show premieres on Jan. 15, meaning Big Tex kicks off the show about larger-than-life spots. Boy howdy!
Other big stories about Big Tex:
- My first time at the State Fair of Texas: "I thought Big Tex would be bigger"
- 5 years ago, fans mourned the fiery demise of Big Tex, a State Fair icon since 1952
- How do you know it's almost time for the State Fair of Texas? Big Tex takes his post
- Why is Big Tex so creepy?
- 10 things you probably didn't know about Big Tex